Identity is something that we all have to face and discover, and I feel like this is different for everybody. Some people define their identity through their race, class, gender or other basic definitions of a person. Other's search for groups to belong to, other's just fall into anything and tend to find their own identity throughout the course of their life, with no difficulty. This is such a complex topic, and I wanted to explore people's identity through their hobbies, so I used one of my room-mates as my model, who happened to be in a band playing base. Music is his passion, he studies it at university and plays outside of school too, and in a lot of ways I would imagine he would identify himself as a musician. So this is how I wanted to represent him.
''Modern societies begin to offer a wider range of social roles. Possibility to start 'choosing' your identity rather than being born into it.''
I wanted to make this a montage of photographs into one image to try and represent the movement whilst he plays guitar, bringing the image to life a little more. I thoroughly enjoyed exploring the topic of identity, and think that it is definitely something I would like to do again in the near future.
Here is the final image:
No comments:
Post a Comment