I decided to photograph something alongside the topic of surveillance for this piece, as I feel this is an interesting topic and wanted to learn more about it. As I walked down the street in the centre of leeds, I started to notice the amount of security cameras watching people as they walked by. The suggestion that we are the most watched country in the world is definitely a relevant one. So I decided that i wanted to focus my photograph on surveillance around shops, as people usually don't even tend to acknowledge the cameras or the fact they are being watched constantly.
I decided to take my photographs from a high point of view, and edit them so that they have the same grainy colourless quality that security cameras so often do. And I wanted to take more than one photograph and blend them into one image to show the vast amount of images these cameras get, without the subjects knowing about it.
Surveillance:
1. Close observation of a person or group, especially one under suspicion.
2. The act of observing or the condition of being observed.
I also feel that by using multiple photographs in one image, I am showing the amount of cameras that are in that area as well.
Here is the final edit of the image:
No comments:
Post a Comment